Saturday 25 May 2013

Gorgeous Shabby Chic Table


I finished this piece a while back, but it's finally up and ready for sale (we have the internet again-yay!) This table is divine but was in a pretty shabby condition. Here is a picture of the before...
I especially love the turned legs on this table, and I have to admit, I quite liked the 'before', but I knew it would look even better after I had given it a little love!
My first step was to sand the whole piece back. It had a pretty nasty varnish on it that was quite thick and peeling off in place, so it needed quite a lot of work to get it back to beutiful natural wood. Then, before finishing the top, I turned it over and painted the legs. Here's a pic of the undercoat. I used a Dulux spray undercoat, mostly because of the detail of the legs was quite intricate and I wanted to prevent drips.

After this, I painted a couple of coats of Dulux 'Green Buoy' on the legs. I love this colour, it is a gorgeous deep turquoise. I then sealed the legs with a glossy top coat and flipped the whole thing over, and giving the top a couple of layers of Cabot's Cedar Satin oil. This is a beautiful colour and the finish is smoth and silky.  Here are some more pics of the finished product...



Check it out on ebay Here!
Please don't foget to Like and Share our facebook page RetroVintageLove
 
Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment